Recently played tracks

Most played tracks

torsdag den 19. februar 2009

My Scottish adventure - the beginning!!

Hey ya!
I'm sorry that I haven't made an update for a long time, but a combination of laziness and lots of schoolwork meant that I haven't used this blog for a looooooooong time. But I think that now is a good time to revive this blog. And the reason for this: sometime ago I decided to spend a semester abroad, just like the most of you guys, I have met during the last few years, and I have decided to spend my fourth semester in Scotland, and more precisely at the University of the West of Scotland in Paisley near Glasgow. I will try to devote some time to write about my time here in Scotland, and I will probably make a post a week, since I'm also doing a Danish blog.

But since I already have been in Scotland for 2 weeks, I will do a short summary of what I have been up to:
  1. I came to Scotland on January 28 and spent the first night in a hotel room in Glasgow and watched a Scottish Cup match between Celtic & Dundee United.
  2. I went to Paisley the next day and got the keys for my flat. I live with: Emilien & Vincent (both France), Leszek (from Poland), Felix (from Germany) and Stefan (from the Netherlands)
  3. I already got a Scottish friend the following Saturday, when Vincent introduced med to a guy named Ryan. We went with him to Ibrox Stadium to watch Rangers win against Dundee United.
  4. I went to Edinburgh on Febuary 7 and went sightseeing with Stefan as well as Matt & Aaron (who are both from the United States)
  5. There are lots of parties at Thornly Park, which is the residence in which I live - especially on Fridays & Saturdays.
  6. I have classes on Mondays and Tuesdays, so I have a pretty long weekend :)
  7. I went to the town on Ayr on Valentine's Day - and I will never do it again!
  8. The majority of international people at Thornly Park are from France, followed by Spain, China and Germany (most of the Germans are from Leipzig!). I'm the only Dane here, but there are also people from Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Finland, Sweden & (Republic of) Ireland.
  9. If you are lucky, then you can find a football/soccer shirt pretty cheap. I have already bought an England shirt (£4.49) and an Ireland shirt (£7.99). The next step is to buy a Scotland shirt, a Rangers shirt and a Celtic shirt as well as some other cheap shirts.
I hope that you enjoyed my comeback post, see ya later this week when I will make a summary of this week!

Ingen kommentarer: