Recently played tracks

Most played tracks

tirsdag den 30. januar 2007

26-28/1-07 - The 25th wedding anniversary party (before, during and after)!

Friday morning my sister and I were waiting for that my Dad to come home, so we could go to Silkeborg. A couple of hours later he finally came home, and my Mom came home around 30 minutes later, so we went to a building market to look for some wire and pieces of wood, but we couldn't find anything. So we tried our luck in another building market in Silkeborg. There we were able to find the necessary stuff to build a triumphal arch for my parents. Then we buyed some plates, so we could use as a present, a large cardboard heart for the triumphal arch, and finally some big mugs for the wedding present. My sister had to go to work in Silkeborg, so I went home to unload the stuff before going to the community house in Salten (a little town), where my parents' 25th wedding anniversary party was to be held, to help my parents setting up the tables and chairs. at 19.00 my sister wrote to me, because she wanted to be picked up, so my parents gave me some money to buy some pizza. I went to Silkeborg and picked up my sister and then drove to a pizzaria to buy some pizzas, but I had to wait for 30 minutes because they were busy.... great!! But eventually I got my pizzas and went home to eat them.



-End of Friday 26/1-


We woke up early the next day to load some wine, soft drinks and some booze and drive to the community house to finish the last few things before going home to eat some lunch. The next few hours were used to take a shower etc.
At 16.00 we went back to the community house to make the final preparations. My sister had 3 friends to help us serving the food and wine. At 17.00 the musical entertainment arrived, and 15 minutes later the first guests arrived, and the appetizers were served. One hour later we started to eat dinner. At one point my godmother encouraged me to do a speech, at which I did a little bit later. It was short, but sweet, and I heard that my parents were very happy that I did it. A lot of guests congratulated me, which was a very nice feeling. A couple of speeches and a dessert later (around 23.30) I was getting tired, but my Mom and some guests wanted me to dance with them, at which I found embarassing, but I did it anyway. At 3 in the morning most of the guests were gone, and my sister and I decided to drive her friends back to Silkeborg, before heading back home to get some sleep at 4.00.



- End of Saturday 27/1-




I woke up 4 hours later to get a quick breakfast before heading to the community house to do some cleaning and to put the tables and chairs back in place. At 11.00 we were finished and delivered the keys to the guy who rents the place before going home to get a quick lunch before taking a nap. In the afternoon I woke up and surfed on the Internet before my sister said that we had to make the triumphal arch before Monday, at which I was unhappy about. After eating dinner, my sister and I went outside to make the triumphal arch. It wasn't the most beautiful, but we did make it. And the rest of the evening, I did the usual stuff.





The making of the triumphal arch

Ingen kommentarer: