Recently played tracks

Most played tracks

onsdag den 6. juni 2007

26/5 - Karneval i Aalborg!!!

After waiting for a very long time, one of my personal highlights of the year finally came: The carnival in Aalborg, known as the largest of it's kind in northern Europe. I was supposed to go with the same girl that I went with last year, but unfortunately she decided to go with some others. But in the end I found some others to go with in Jorge and David and some other Spaniards, but more on that later...

After waking up early and getting some breakfast, I prepared myself for the carnival by taking a bath and then put on my costume (which was supposed to look similar to this guy, but with some minor changes). I took a bus around 10.45 to Vejgård Square, where one part of the carnival parade was starting. I called Jorge to hear when they were coming, so we agreed to meet at Hadsundvej - not far from the square. Despite waiting for almost 15 minutes, I never saw them and decided to go on, although I had to carry 24 beer cans all by myself, but gave some of them away along the way....

After taking breaks and looking at other costumes (like the Beagle Boys, a legion of Imperial Stormtroopers and even some Transformers), I finally reached Nytorv and met a random girl, who got a beer from me and then I got a picture of her posing. Then I met my old classmate from elementary school Lars and his girlfriend, who both were experiencing the carnival for the first time. After staying with them for a while, I suddenly noticed something: it was David & Jorge!! So I left Lars and his girlfriend and finally met those two Spaniards, who both were dressed as Scots from Braveheart (especially Jorge's haircut was bizarre!)!

We then decided to go on to Kildeparken, where the parade usually ends. Along the way we met Lucas (another Spaniard, who has been in Aalborg for almost a year) and later the rest of the Spanish Braveheart-group. But while waiting in the ques to get in the park, I lost them, but I joined some girls, who were dressed as poodle dogs (although they in my opinion didn't look like such). But we had a good time and eventually made it into the park, where I got a picture with one of them before going on to find the Spaniards, which I found. Later I searched for the girls and found them after a while with one of my friends, who was very drunk. He greeted me by doing a kind of flying kick, but he fell down on the ground himself while I was still standing. Sadly my digital camera fell to the ground and stopped to work. After staying with them for a while, I tried to look after Jorge and the others, but in the end I decided to go to the bowling center to watch the last squad of a big international tournament.

It must be noted that Jorge couldn't find David after they entered the park, and David had Jorge's mobile phone, money and extra clothing. Later it was revealed that he was found and was brought back to his place, so Jorge later could get his stuff back... oh yeah, the next day Jorge got a new, and short haircut, which is much better than that bizarre "Braveheart-haircut"!

All in all this years experience was great, a little different from last year, but still I had lots of fun, although that broken camera did ruin a little bit of my mood. But i will definitely be there next year!!!


Say "Cheese"!


Ingen kommentarer: